Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I just can't sleep

You know the feeling. Your mind is racing with all it has to do. You are over tired. And like a child you fret into your hot, mushy pillow. Your eyes refuse to stay closed. And then you have an idea for an article. Your mind grabs it, chases it, writes and rewrites it......well I might as well get up.

The crickets are going great guns, the frogs are tuning up in the pond. A distant yip yip of a coyote cuts across. They all sound like they belong - belong to the night. "He gives to His beloved in sleep." I guess tomorrow will come and what needs to happen will happen. No use getting stressed about it. The crickets tell me that.

I hope that all of you who are up tonight will take a moment to listen to the still, dark and noisey night. They are good sounds, comforting sounds of the night dwellers. One up for the night - it doesn't have to be bad does it?

No comments: